Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fluoride: What You Didn't Know

I apologize deeply for not posting in over a week. I was really sick which I have not been in years. Clearly my immune system had been run down from traveling. But now I am back and ready to share my health knowledge with you! Today I had a conversation with Roman Price, founder of Lifepulp.com, and we got onto the topic of Fluoride. I wasn't aware of all the negative effects of Fluoride. I had always seen toothpaste with Fluoride and assumed it was okay for our health. Lesson learned: do not assume any chemical/ingredient is okay, do your own research. Fluoride can be found in our drinking water. From what I have come to understand, the United States government supported fluoridated public water because of the claim that fluoride helps support tooth decay (when actually there is no need to swallow fluoride to protect our teeth). Water fluoridation is used in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, and Australia (and a few other countries). Here is some evidence on how Fluoride is harmful to our health:

1. Fluoride may damage the brain. The National Research Council stated, "it is apparent that fluorides have the ability to interfere with the functions of the brain."
2. Fluoride may lower intelligence. China, Iran, India, and Mexico conducted 24 studies in which the results showed that there was an association between exposure to fluoride and reduced IQ.
3. Negative effects on the pineal gland. Fluoride's affect on the gland may interfere with the hormone melatonin, which regulates our sleep cycle.
4. Sodium Fluoride is the prominent ingredient in rat poison. Why a main ingredient in rat poison is in our water is beyond me!

How can you avoid fluoride in your water? Drink spring water. Most spring water has less than .1ppm fluoride, which is ten times less than added for fluoridation. Or purchase a water filter for your tap water. Make sure the type of filter is a reverse osmosis or activated alumina. Roman has noticed since cutting fluoride out of his diet his energy levels have skyrocketed!

No comments:

Post a Comment