Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Surviving Finals

Yes it is possible to survive finals-I am alive to talk about it. As overwhelming as finals are, keep in mind they are not the end of the world. There are coping skills that help alleviate some of the stress of finals. I highly recommend taking time to workout; even if it's a lap or two around your street, moving your body is important. It will help you to focus better and absorb more information. Trust me. During finals, I will make sure to do harder workouts because I need to burn off the stress. My other suggestion is taking the time to mediate. If you can't even get yourself to do that, take three deep breaths. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. It helps for me to pay attention to the inhale through my nose and exhale through my mouth. If you're interested in a guided mediation, check out the website Headspace. The site offers ten minute meditations and I believe you can sign up for a ten-day free trial. Sometimes in my mindfulness class will practice a Headspace meditation. I find mindfulness/meditation helps me to re-blance myself, especially when stress feels out of control. You will survive finals-I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment