Monday, December 27, 2010

New Year's resolution

What is a New Year's resolution? It's a promise to ones' self to make a project or reforming of a habit, often a life style change.

What's the point of writing a New Year's resolution? I know when we were younger we were encouraged by teachers or parents to write a New Year's resolution (or at least I was) and I just wrote one because I had to, not because I wanted to. As I have gotten older, I have realized the importance of writing goals or resolutions down and not just anything, something that has a purpose to you. It may feel stupid, but it's important to address things that are bothering you and then change them into something positive. For me, when I write a goal or resolution and then I say it out loud, it makes me feel like I can do it. It's important to set little resolutions or goals because when you reach them, it's emotionally satisfying.

What's my New Year's resolution? My New Year's resolution of 2011is to not be hard on myself. Often I find myself, being extremely judgmental of myself. When I was younger, teachers called me perfect and asked me for my notes when they forgot their own notes. And it go to me, from then on the word perfect always been in my head. But now I have learned that no one is perfect. Yes, I said it. No one is perfect. So for 2011, I hope to erase the word perfect out of my vocabulary and stop judging myself.

What's yours?

1 comment:

  1. Tessa this is an amazing blog. I admire your confidence on chcanging the world.

    signed-2 fans in ct

    ReplyDelete