Monday, December 6, 2010

Relaxation Tip #1

Lately I have been focusing on nutrition and fitness because it really effects your mood. But sometimes you might need another tip to relax. I personally have built a "toolbox of tips" that help me relax for all different situations. If I am at home and stressing about school or making things more dramatic than what they actually are (which I do often), I will hold an animal. I am not a true animal lover, but I do have a soft spot for dogs. When I am stressed, I pick up my dog (or a friend's dog) and just focus on the dog. It takes my attention away from the stressful situation and my body starts to calm down. There is a reason animals are nicknamed "fury friends." I am not suggesting you go out on the street and pick up a stray cat or dog. DO NOT DO THAT. Play with your own animal or go to a pet store or animal shelter and hold a fury friend. It's not a drug that immediately takes the pain away, but it's natural way to relax.
Here I am with a friend's puppy (and yes there are bruises on my knee from dancing)!

1 comment: