Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Permit Test...Ahhhh!!!

My sixteenth birthday is coming up (this Friday), so I have been studying for my permit test. Honestly I have always been an extremely nervous test taker. The thought of my permit test is just quite freaky! I think we all have been waiting for the day when we can get our license/permit, but now that it's here, it's a bit frightening. So how am I preparing for my permit test without getting myself too stressed out? I have been reading the driver's manual (like a chapter a day). The key thing here is I am not cramming for it and stressing myself out. I also have been talking to my friends who have taken the test, and they have taken me through all the steps that I will go through at the DMV. This has helped me, so I am not shocked when I get there. Tonight before bed, when my anxious thoughts about the test crowd my head, I am going to visualize myself taking the test and being perfectly calm and in control and leaving the DMV with my permit. I try to practice visualization every time I have a test because it helps me relax and feel more in control of the situation! These are the steps I am taking to feel more comfortable and confident when taking my permit test!

No comments:

Post a Comment