Thursday, June 30, 2011

New Favorite Quote

As I am about to turn 16, my past and future is greatly on my mind. I can't help but reflect on how I got here to create such a blog and really try to make a positive imprint on the world (even though it may be small). I can tell you honestly that if I let people's opinions of me affect me and my goals, I would have never gotten here. I can't even begin to count how many times I have shared an idea with an adult and they have turned me down and made me feel like my goals didn't matter. I have gotten, "Just focus on your education because whatever else you do won't matter and it won't become a success." This isn't even one of the worst ones and it still stung. At first all I wanted to do was hide in my room from the world and just give up. But then I realized it's the people who say stuff like this to me, have only fueled me more to try harder and become a success. I can let people's negative opinions of my goals affect me or I can show them I can do it and become a success. I choose the second choice because I know what I believe in-myself. If I believe in myself I can create my reality and my success. And I can tell you that those people who are trying to make you feel miserable don't believe in themselves and are "selling you their fears" (one of my favorite phrases). So here's my new favorite quote:

Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality.  ~Les Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment