Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Beach Workout

One of my favorite things about the summer is the beach and one of my favorite things to do is a intense workout. So when I found this beach workout suggestion on active.com, I wanted to share it with all my readers! I have been running lately, with my friend, Kayla, but we are always complaining that our feet are on fire and it takes away from our workout. We start to slow down and we complain more! So I found an article suggesting running in the water. To start off, first warm up on the sand with a light jog (about half-a-mile) then try some shuffles, lunges, and make sure to stretch! Then go out into the water, till it's just below knee-deep. Now you will run parallel to the beach and stay at this depth. Try 40yd-100yd dashes or time yourself for 30 seconds. The added resistance from the water will increase the intensity in your sprint! Try to repeat this at least 4-6 times!

No comments:

Post a Comment