Saturday, December 10, 2011

Life Lessons

I've had a pretty incredible couple of days-I got to spend time with an inspiration of mine, Roman Price, and his friends, Jonathan and Jesse. In just two days, Roman taught me more about life than some people learn during their entire lives. I like to say, "Life is a learning process, not just sitting in a classroom." I believe you have to go after your teachers in life; your mentors, people who make you want to be better. Read about them, learn all there is to know about them, and if you desire contact them. Being a teenager, I find it's great to have a mentor who supports you and can offer you advice, that you'll receive because you respect them. One of my favorite things about my mentor is that he practices what he preaches. Every conversation with him also leaves me with more knowledge than I had before. Roman taught me to take care of myself and by doing that, I take care of others. He also taught me to keep life simple. And he's always taught me to befriend failure, and learn from setbacks (which are actually steps forward because I think you get more out of them). I believe everyone comes into your life for a reason and Roman is in my life to educate me on life:)

No comments:

Post a Comment