Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Hope for Teens in 2012

Today I had a discussion with someone who has seen me at my best and worst. We talked about how all the "You can't do that" and "Just give up" has just fueled me to do everything they said "I couldn't". Don't get me wrong, when I first heard those statements, I fell apart. Maybe that person didn't believe in me, but I knew deep, deep (really, really, deep) down that I wanted it badly enough that I to believe in myself. And that's all it takes to do something: believe in yourself. Often people tell us we won't be able to accomplish something. My hope for everyone is that you take that statement and prove them wrong! It's so easy to let a statement like "You won't be able to do that" to get the best of us. But that's one person's opinion, what about your opinion? If you believe you can do it, you can! That's my hope for teenagers this year: I hope teenagers realize the power of belief. And for all those teenagers out there who says "No one believes in them." Guess what? I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment