Saturday, January 14, 2012

Wise Words

The best way to spend the day is to play through the day. On Wednesday, I got to play for three hours with Fred Donaldson, author of Playing By Heart. The first hour was a workshop with Fred. During this workshop, Fred said something really insightful. He said, "If you give someone your mind, you lose." These words were very powerful for me. I tend to let what someone says get the best of me. If someone says a test is going to be really hard, it makes me very nervous, but by getting that nervous over those words; I am giving that person my mind. I am letting what they say get the best of me. That's why I found these words really powerful because I recognized a bad habit of mine-giving someone my mind. Now that I've recognized this pattern of thinking, I can learn not to give away my mind so easily. Thanks Fred! 

No comments:

Post a Comment