Monday, April 30, 2012

The Mind IS Everything

"If you get the mind right, the body simply follows." ~Roman Price

I've heard Roman say this quote and I've always understood it, but today I truly experienced what he has been talking about. Today I went to school, then I worked the after-school program and after that I felt exhausted, but knew I needed to move my body. So I forced the negative thoughts out of my head and got my workout clothes on. But during my workout my thoughts were out of control. I was thinking of my homework, school, friends, and then writing a post about the mind out of control (ironic I know). My mind wasn't in the workout and it showed. I could not push myself as hard, my form wasn't as good, and I had much more of a desire to take breaks. I found myself stopping in the middle of my workout to think about what I am going to do next, instead of staying in the present moment and giving my body the workout it needed. After today's experience, I wrote an affirmation that applies to my mind during my workouts (and life in general). Here it is:

"When I find myself thinking about the future or past, I remind myself to focus my mind and energy on the present moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment