Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Current Favorite Quote

Starting today I am going to post quotes that I feel relate to TeenSanity. Today's quote I found in a book, Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese. This quote explains how to achieve happiness within yourself. I thought teenagers would like this because we often lose ourself in our lives and don't focus on the little things that make us happy. For me, just reading this quote makes me happy. Often we focus on everything we do wrong and what is wrong with us, but here Verghese tells us how to make ourselves happy by accepting who we are. Here is the quote:

"The key to happiness is to own your slippers, own who you are, own how you look, own your family, own the talents you have, and own the ones you don't. If you keep saying your slippers aren't yours, then you'll die bitter, always feeling you were promised more." -Abraham Verghese, Cutting for Stone

2 comments:

  1. This is a great blog. I've taught teenage kids myself and seen all the mental and health problems and it's really good that this message is coming from another teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your feedback! I really appreciate it! Please pass on the link:)

    ReplyDelete