Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy FIRST Birthday, TeenSanity!

One year ago, today, I started TeenSanity with no intentions. I honestly created the blog to prove to my high school director, Mr. Quirk, that I could have a better blog than him. At the time, I was officially hooked on a healthy lifestyle. I tried all types of unhealthy living; from the junk food eater who never exercised to the girl who barely ate anything and exercised more than her body could handle. I've tried it all! I truly believe a positive lifestyle is the only way to enjoy our lives, especially as a teen. We enable everything it takes to do something incredible with our lives, but I believe we need to harness the tools to do so. When I am eating my best and working out at my hardest, my mind doesn't limit what I can handle. I can be under large amounts of stress, but when I am eating healthy, exercising, and trying to maintain a healthy mindset; I can do anything. From day one, that's been my goal for TeenSanity readers, to realize how great our lives can be at such a young age!

During this past year of TeenSanity, I've gotten to blog about some awesome places, people, health food, exercises, and much more! I've gotten to play with the creator of Original Play, Dr. Fred Donaldson, and take (almost) a private workshop with him. Then share the power of positive touch and play on TeenSanity. I've been inspired and empowered by my teacher, Miss Casey, to create my own vision board and blog about it. Miss Casey has also taught me all I know about affirmations and thus giving me the tools to share here! Through my journey on TeenSanity, I've recognized the importance of exploration and what it means to truly explore. I believe when we don't explore and get out of our element, we can get caught up in the negative, instead of seeing all the good things we have. I've gotten to travel to Hawaii and taste the most incredible bowls at BASIK Acai. The owners, Derek and Jamie, have been so kind to let me share the awesomeness of BASIK and the power of 'real food'. I've had hair and makeup artist, Holly and Joe, make getting ready for prom less stressful with tutorials! Most recently, I've been blessed to have gotten the chance to interview a super-hero, Roman Price, also the founder of LifePulp. Roman has this unique ability to really showcase how simple it is to enjoy our lives. He's taught me many valuable life lessons and also shared with me the incredible, 'Last Lecture' by Randy Pausch. And these are just a few of the awesome topics I've shared on TeenSanity!

I want to thank everyone who takes the time to read my blog. It truly means the world to me! I give this blog everything I have and work really hard to try to make it a success! I really, truly, hope I've been able to inspire teens to live a healthy lifestyle! I will continue to give this blog my all and help make a positive impact on as many teens as I can!

To learn more about...
Original Play http://www.originalplay.com/
BASIK Acai http://www.basikacai.com/
LifePulp http://www.lifepulp.com/
Randy Pausch's 'Last Lecture' http://www.cmu.edu/randyslecture/

Today, my awesome mom surprised me with this balloon to celebrate TeenSanity's first birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment