Wednesday, October 19, 2011

New Favorite Workout Equipment: Dip Bar

I was beyond excited when I came home from school to see a package on my door step containing my dip bar! I do bodyweight workouts using practically no equipment just an interval timer, yoga mat, and sometimes a jump rope. Now with my dip station I can do hanging knee raises, reverse push ups, triceps dips, and much more! Of course, I've got to build up more strength, especially with the triceps dips, but I loved the reverse push ups. New workout equipment always encourages me to push harder and gain more strength. The dip bar is great because it's affordable, portable, and doesn't take up much space! Today during my workout I did 200 different kinds of burpees, sometimes incorporating my dip station. Burpees are great because they don't require any equipment, can tone your body within weeks, you can do they anywhere, they are designed to work most muscles in our bodies, enhance weight loss, and increase endurance. The steps to doing a burpee is simple, but the exercise is hard:

-Squat to the ground and place your hands on the floor
-Adjust your bodyweight to your hands, and kick your feet back to the floor into plank position
-Complete a proper push up, make sure your back is straight, hips are squared, and your elbows are at a complete 90 degree angle
-Retract your feet and go back into squat position
-The jump straight up, as high as you can
-Repeat this as many times as you like

Today I did burpees then a knee raises on my dip station! If you want a dip bar, I ordered mine from 'Ultimate Body Press"!

No comments:

Post a Comment