Thursday, February 16, 2012

What Do I Eat?

Often I get asked, "what do you eat?" I realized I've never shared what my daily food regimen is like. I tend to go through food phases. I get obsessed with a specific meal and that's all I want to eat for a few months, then I'll discover something new and the cycle repeats. I have to eat every few hours otherwise I get crabby, but sometimes I get so busy I forget (which is not good and do not follow in my footsteps)! I will do different combinations, so I repeat some things, but I don't eat anything twice a day except fruit and veggies! I will only eat nut or nut butter once a day, so if I eat it in the morning, then I don't consume it in the afternoon. I try to limit my fat intake because between hummus and nuts it can get loaded, though they are healthy fats, everything in moderation! I also don't eat big meals. I tend to get full quickly because I eat throughout the day consistently. Here's a look at some of the things I choose to eat during the day:

Breakfast (7:30 am)
Acai Bowl
Protein Shake
Whole-grain cereal with almond milk and fruit
Almond butter and a banana

Snack (10:45am)
Spirulina drink with a piece of fruit
Siggi's nonfat yogurt

Lunch (12:45-1ish)
Salad with a chicken breast, fruit
Hummus with gluten-free crackers, carrots, and fruit
Greek yogurt, gluten-free granola, and fresh fruit mixed together
Veggie burger (topped with guacamole), fruit
Soup (lentil or chicken and brown rice), carrots, fruit
Turkey and a slice of low fat swiss cheese wrapped together, veggies, fruit

Snack (4pm)
Brown rice cakes with almond butter and raisins
Superfood trail mix
Apple and almond butter
Carrots and hummus
Almonds and raisins
Celery and peanut butter
Almond milk mixed with protein powder
Kale chips


Dinner (7pm)
Chicken breast with salad or broccoli salad
Brown rice mixed with veggies
Whole wheat pizza made with goat cheese, veggies, and pesto sauce
Whole grain pasta primavera
Turkey meatballs with 100% whole wheat pasta and salad
Black bean, brown rice, low fat cheese burrito and a salad

Sweets! (whenever I crave them I will choose a little something)
Dark chocolate (70% or more)
Tate's gluten free cookies
Fruit drizzled with dark chocolate
Almond ice cream with bananas and cacao nibs

Drinks:)
Water (I admit I am not the best water drinker, but I am getting better)
Coconut water
Almond milk
Fresh fruit juice
Green tea
Hot chocolate made with almond milk

This is a glimpse at what I eat!

Almond ice cream with cacao nibs and bananas

Kale chips

Spirulina Drink

Superfood trail mix


No comments:

Post a Comment