Monday, February 27, 2012

Living Beyond Limits

"Borders are where the actual ends, but also where the imagination and stories begin."
~Amy Purdy, top ranked adaptive female snowboarder

I've learned Life is a choice: we can choose to idly watch it go by or we can choose to make the most of it. At age 19, Amy Purdy tragically lost both her legs, yet she made a choice to not let that stop her from achieving her goals and living her life. Now because of her choice to achieve her goals and her determination, she is the top ranked adaptive female snowboarder in the world. Amy's story reminded me that no matter what circumstance I may face in life, I can overcome it, if I keep my imagination wide open and stay determined. Borders aren't there to keep us out, but, I think, to see how high we can jump over them!

No comments:

Post a Comment