Saturday, November 6, 2010

Is a chicken caesar salad wrap healthy?

This was the question I had a heated discussion with a friend on. His opinion 'yes this is healthy except for the dressing.' My opinion was 'No you can find healthier alternatives.' So I wanted to see who was right. While researching I found mixed reviews. Some thought it was healthy, but that was when the sandwich contained low-fat Kraft caesar dressing. To me that isn't healthy at all! To make the dressing 'low fat' it's made with tons of chemicals I can't pronounce. So I went to livestrong.com where I saw a diagram that showed 60% of a chicken caesar salad wrap was fat. With more than half the wrap containing fat, I decided that this was not something I will be eating. The sandwich/wrap is most likely to be made with white flour and I think everyone should eat whole wheat bread, white bread is not good for you! Whole wheat bread has a lot more fiber than white bread and we all need fiber! Instead livestrong.com listed some healthy alternatives that seemed just as yummy with less fat. Check out livestrong.com it has some really interesting food facts and recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment