Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Survival Guide

Tomorrow is the day where people think it's okay to overeat and stuff your face till your about to puke. I don't. Yes it is Thanksgiving, but that's not an excuse anymore. Overeating is not an option! Here are my Thanksgiving Tips:
1. Do not skip any meals. If you do you will overeat. Your body is going to be so hungry, its going to eat anything in sight!  Eat breakfast and a snack before you eat Thanksgiving dinner. I know I am going to make a protein smoothie for breakfast and eat a banana as a snack.
2. Don't overeat! I know Thanksgiving is the holiday to overeat. But that's just an excuse and you really shouldn't. Eat in moderation. Don't overstuff you plate. Take a normal serving size of each dish you feel is the healthiest. And if there is a dish that is not the healthy, but you love, just take a tasting. Pick the dishes that are packed with protein and low in fat. Turkey is a great source of protein and sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin a and have more fiber than oatmeal.
3. Skip the appetizers. Appetizers are commonly high in unhealthy fats and carbs. If you eat a bunch of appetizers and then a whole meal, that's not good. Instead if there is a vegetable platter munch on that or bring a dish that you can snack on without increasing your waistline.
4. I know the best part of Thanksgiving are the desserts. I love them too. What I am planning to do is share a dessert. I know if I don't have any dessert I won't be happy on Thanksgiving. So instead I am going to have a small dessert just to satisfy my cravings.
5. Don't skip your everyday workout. Just because it's a holiday isn't a good enough excuse to skip your workout routine. If you don't feel like getting all sweaty then take a walk with your family. Be active! Working out is essential in feeling good. Even if you can't do your full routine, try to make sometime to get some exercise!

I hope these tips help! Have a Happy and HEALTHY Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment