Thursday, January 27, 2011

How to deal with anxiety!

I am the queen of anxiety! I struggle with my own anxieties on a daily basis. And sometimes it feels like it is hard to escape with the everyday struggles. But you can overcome that anxious feeling! Here are a few ways:

1. Practice Relaxation
    I am not telling you to chose unhealthy ways to relax, instead meditate. One thing about the anxious mind is it'a hard to shut off, but if you focus on meditating you can relax. Mediation when one self-induces a mode of consciousness in order to realize a bit of internal self benefit. So how do you meditate? One type of meditation is breathing meditation. Simply breathe naturally, try to breathe through your nostrils, don't control your breath, instead try to become aware of the sensation of your breath as it enters and leaves your nostrils. The sensation of our breath is the objective of meditation. Don't fret if at first it's hard to calm your mind. Just keep practicing. 
2. Don't focus on your anxieties, change your environment
   When I am anxious, if I focus on my anxiety, it just makes it worse. Instead what I do is I try to change the environment I am in. Often I take my dog on a very long walk. I don't go to environment taht will make me feel more stress. If I really don't feel like leaving the house (even though I should), I will research a new exercise to try. Do something that will take your mind away from your own anxiety. Don't try to escape through drugs or alcohol because it won't take it away. Approaching your anxiety with natural techniques will have a much greater effect! 
3. Make sure you eat well, sleep enough, and exercise!
   The best way to deal with anxiety is get the right amount of sleep, healthy foods, and exercise. If you fuel your body correctly, you are in a better place to deal with life's crazy roller coaster. Eat loads of fruits, veggies, lean meats, and healthy carbs. Sleep just the right amount, not too little because that will make you more irritable, and not too much because then you will feel tired throughout the day (or atleast I do). Exercise! Move your body. Exercise helps enhance our physical fitness and and general health.

You can fight anxiety- I did! It is not the end of the world, if you know how to handle it naturally! 

No comments:

Post a Comment