Tuesday, January 18, 2011

When feeling stressed what should we do?

For me the hardest part of the teenagers is the stress we have to deal with from our social life, school and sometimes our families. In moments where I feel like I am just so overwhelmed I can't  move, I know I have to take my mind away from whatever is stressing me out. Not just physically remove myself from the stress, but mentally. I could sit and watch t.v., but my mind will still wander. So I pick up a book because I have to pay attention when I read, I have to be physically and mentally there. Sometimes I practice yoga because yoga is not only a physical discipline, but a mental discipline, too. What I most often do, is ride a stationary bike and blast music into my ears, so that I can't think. When I ride the bike, I don't focus on what stressing me, instead I focus on going a farther distance or getting my heart rate up. I use to play brain games, that are meant for testing your memory and focus abilities. These help me a lot. Lumosity is a great website for brain games. Remember if you are feeling stressed, STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING, and find something that is mentally distracting, whether it's a physical activity or not. Don't do anything that will harm your body, instead do something good for your body. Something that will make you feel good about yourself and not make you feel worse! These are key elements that will help you when you are in a mental state of stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment