Monday, March 7, 2011

BASIK Monthly Update:)

Personally, I hate the winter months; I am freezing, there’s less light, and my stress and anxiety increases. The only time I felt true peace within my body this winter was in the Hawaiian sun eating BASIK Acai. Since BASIK is far from where I live, I can find that same sense of peace learning about their unique creations and educating myself on the foods they use. Once a month, with the help from one of the owner’s of BASIK, Jamie, I am going to post a bit of valuable information about BASIK’s food, upcoming events, and much more.
            For our first official monthly update, I thought we are all in need of some food that brings us sanity, when the winter months are driving us crazy. I knew Jamie could pick out the perfect bowl that would help rid us of our winter blues. He chose the drifter bowl; a blend of fresh fruit, honey, granola, and almonds topped with cacao nibs. Until Jamie sent me some information on the cacao nibs, I was unaware of how incredible they were. In my opinion, they should be a super-food.  Not only are they packed with antioxidants, but packed with neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine, and phenylethylamine. These particular neurotransmitters have the power relieve feelings of depression and are often associated with feelings of well -being. Cacao holds monoamine oxidase inhibitors that improve our mood because they let serotonin and dopamine remain in the bloodstream longer without being broken down. Tomorrow, I am going to the health food store to fill my house with cacao!
            So why did BASIK name this powerful bowl the drifter? Well often the affect of this bowl is you tend to drift off into a state of bliss! If your feeling stressed or anxious and find yourself at BASIK, get the drifter, you are sure to drift into a state quit the opposite of the winter blues. To see other bowls by BASIK, check out their website: http://www.basikacai.com/

The Drifter


1 comment:

  1. BASIK - please please please PLEASE come to the east coast! :)

    ReplyDelete