Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Survival Guide to Bullying!

I really hate addressing bullying because I personally know how awful it is and for me it brings up those feelings again! Bullying sucks, but it exists. So we can chose to join in or fight against it, I am going to fight against it! It's upsetting to me to have to write a post on 'how to survive bullying' but I want to help those out there. My first tip to survive bullying is to change your outlook on the person doing the bullying. I wish I had done this in the past, but you have to think that they can't control their actions. Those hurtful words and maybe even physical abuse come from their lack of ability to control their emotions and actions. The person bullying you most likely feels insecure, is jealous of you, or is having a tough time at home or in school. So what do you do with this knowledge? If your really strong emotionally (I never was in a bullying situation), my advice is to walk away or to ask question them. It most likely will throw them off guard and then you will have just taken your first step to battling the bullying. I personally would fall apart when I was bullied, so I would talk to a guidance counselor or a teacher I trusted. If you can't even get those words out, write it down and give it to them. You are not telling on them, you are taking a step against bullying. If you need some more advice on a particular situation, please email me at tessawithaz@gmail.com. We can fight bullying together:)

No comments:

Post a Comment