Thursday, March 10, 2011

Currently in love with green tea:)

I am officially a frequent green tea drinker (just a couple of cups a day)! I have heard about the benefits, but not until after I researched them, did I truly realize how super amazing it is for you! The Chinese have used green tea for over 4,000 years to treat health problems. Green tea maybe able to heal and prevent many disease including cancer, heart disease, impaired immune functions, infections, and cardiovascular disease. Drinking a recommended amount of green tea each day, rids toxins of the body that can cause diseases. These great effects from green tea can be contributed to vitamins and antioxidants- especially EGCG (epigallocatechil gallate). Clinical studies suggest green tea extract may boost metabolism or help burn fat (now girls don't go crazy drinking green tea, I don't recommend drinking more than 2-3 cups daily). Go get some green tea leaves and start the tea pot!

1 comment:

  1. I have started drinking green tea....I'm not sure about the health benefits but I love the taste! Great advice, Tessa!

    ReplyDelete