Sunday, March 27, 2011

Extremely Powerful Video

Recently a girl in my town posted a video about how she is bullied everyday and has been for her entire middle school experience. This really touched me since I just wrote about bullying. I think we all know how it feels to be bullied and it sucks. For me, focusing on fitness and eating healthy has taken my mind away from bullying, but it doesn't heal the wound. As I said before, the best way is to look at the person bullying you is to evaluate them from a psychological  point of view. Why does this person say those words to me? What makes them feel it's necessary to do that? For me, this helps me try to understand it from their point of view. This doesn't make it right nor does it stop the person, but it has helped me in the past. I have not bullied on an everyday basis, but I have experienced MULTIPLE types of bullying. One time I was cyber bullied and after going through the pain of it, I was able to laugh and say, "I have officially been cyber bullied, just another thing to check off my bucket list." Cyber bullying is not on my bucket list, but I was able to laugh at just another crazy thing I experienced. Bullying only makes you stronger and you have to treat it as that. Shout out to Alye Pollack for posting that amazing video-It gets better Alye and I know you can handle it, you have showed how strong you are just by posting that video! Much love to you, Alye. I know exactly how you feel-I hated middle school, but I am loving high school! The link to Alye's video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37_ncv79fLA&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment