Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Healthy Summer Snacks

Snacking is important, especially throughout these hot summer days. If I don't eat snacks, I become extremely cranky and you don't want to be around me. So I always carry a snack with me when I am out and when I am home I set times when I am going to snack. Sometimes I work so hard that I forget to eat, which is not a good thing. Snacking is not eating an entire meal, it's simply giving your body just enough fuel to keep going throughout the day. During the summer when it's really hot, frozen grapes are an amazing snack. The perfect cool down-light, sweet, and cold! Yogurt parfaits are good too, but you have to make sure it's not made with flavored yogurt because that is packed with sugar. It's best with plain yogurt, berries, and topped with a bit of granola (I love Udi's gluten-free granola)! Kale chips are a great alternative to the regular potato chip. You can do tons of different variations on the kale chip, but it's simply kale (washed, dried, and torn into little pieces without the stem) tossed with olive oil, sprinkled with a small amount of salt, and baked on a cookie sheet for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. You could add garlic and sprinkle it with a little parmesan cheese for a different variation. Enjoy your summer snacks:)

No comments:

Post a Comment