Monday, July 25, 2011

Yum...Kale Chips!

Today, Kayla and I ran our best time ever! We have been working so hard to get better at running and it's really starting to show! After my fantastic run, I went home and was on a mission to make kale chips. Yesterday, my dad was at a farmer's market and a man was selling kale chips. He claimed that he had the best kale chips. My father mentioned that I was making kale chips and the man immediately said mine would never be as good. Well, this is not the first someone has turned me down in life and said I would never be able to do something. This has now happened to me so many times in life, it now encourages me to just prove them wrong! So, today, I washed the kale. Then tossed it with olive oil, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, a dash of salt and black pepper. First I baked them for 15 minutes at 350 degrees and they completely burned. So I then made a second, smaller batch and baked them for 5-7ish minutes and they came out perfect! My mom and I could hardly stop eating them!

No comments:

Post a Comment