Friday, July 22, 2011

Quote and a Pair of Shoes

"Be the change you want to see in the world."-Mahatma Gandhi

This is my favorite quote of all time. I try my best to live by this quote, particularly "Be the change..". There are so many things in the world that we could follow along, but what if they are not right? What if they are not morally sound? Or just plain crazy? Just because everyone else is doing it, doesn't mean you have to. Be the change, be what you see the world needs. Take a risk and do something positive for the world and yourself. There are so many things in life that I can follow along with and go the route that people have chosen for me. Or I can take a risk, and make a change, and show people there are other things. Even though, taking risks are scarier and more uncertain, there is so much more of reward. Don't just see the change, BE THE CHANGE!

For my birthday, all I wanted was custom running shoes and I got the opportunity to pick a few words for my shoes. And so that I can always be reminded, I chose "Be the change"!

No comments:

Post a Comment