Monday, August 22, 2011

Body Awareness

What's awareness? To me, awareness is having the knowledge of a cause and effect. Some may say awareness is just knowledge, but for me, when I am aware, I am noticing specifically all of the causes and effects. Being aware and observant has led me to understand my body and mind. My body-awareness stemmed from having such drastic changes in my mind, body, and physical appearance when I started to eat healthy and exercise. Once I became aware of the bigger picture of health food and physical activity, I began to notice little details. I began to tune into my body and notice how I felt when I ate certain foods. There I realized eating dairy made me more anxious. I was able to observe how I felt before and after I ate dairy. It's almost like experimenting. You can hypothesize that you will feel one way, but then in your observations you might realize you are completely wrong. Through listening to how my body felt and my emotions, I began to learn how I functioned best. I learned that I was in a better mindset and more energized when I exercised. Through exercising, I began to find what workouts had the most positive affects on my body. I learned that for me interval training is the best because it's non-stop and my mind is completely focused on the workout and not off in the clouds. Try to be aware of what makes you feel good and what makes you feel miserable. Now junk food may make you feel mentally satisfied, your body may equate eating terrible to being therapeutic during a rough time. But if you can notice your emotions and body image when you don't eat healthy, you'll become more aware of your body. I hope that you will be willing to see the affects of food and physical activity on your body. All I am asking is for you to be an observer and experiment with different foods and physical activity. Find what works best for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment