Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New Snack Obsession

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile! I feel like my schedule is slowly spinning out of control, but I am enjoying being super busy. I am also making sure I don't stress myself out with lack of downtime, but so far so good! This week I am working at my school's preschool/daycare. Sometimes I am there for nine hours or just three and then I have to do other business related things. With my schedule packed, I have to maintain my sanity by fueling every few hours, otherwise I will crash. So my favorite snack to munch on when I am looking after my four year olds is sugar snap peas. This snack has all sorts of goodness! Sugar snap peas are low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium. It's a good source of riboflavin, vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. These peas are a very good source of dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, thiamin, folate, iron, and manganese. Vitamin C found in sugar snap peas protect DNA structures from damage and improve your immune system. To select the best peas make sure they are firm, bright green, and free from blemishes. I love snacking on these in the afternoon. They're crunchy, delicious, and good for you. My four year olds love when I break open the pod and see the little peas in side and I love the nutritional benefits. Go get snacking on some sugar snap peas!

No comments:

Post a Comment