Monday, August 1, 2011

Quote Dork

Yes, I consider myself to be a quote dork! I can't help but love quotes, especially when I find ones that make me smile. I also like to start each month on a quote (or maybe few-it's so hard to choose). I like the quote to set the mood of the month. Lately. I am becoming an E.E. Cummings's fan. So I have two quotes by him that I absolutely in love with, that I couldn't choose between the two. My first choice is, "The earth laughs in flowers." I really can't explain why I love this quote so much, but it just makes me smile. I think the more beautiful the flower, the harder the earth laughed. My second quote is, "It takes courage to grow up and be who you really are." Currently, I am working on something that I love, but is very nerve-racking because it's who I am. I think the hardest thing in the world is to own who you are and just be yourself. I have gotten to a point now, where I can't be nothing but myself. If I wasn't who I am, I would be even more lost and nervous. I think once you are able to accept yourself and live by your standards; your world just expands in ways you thought weren't possible. The reason I chose this quote was because I wanted to acknowledge how hard it is to just be who you are, but hopefully I am able to encourage you guys to be courageous!
I love it when the earth laughs:)

No comments:

Post a Comment