Friday, August 5, 2011

Gotta Love a Good, Long Walk

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit; I am currently posting from the Hilton lobby at Dupont Circle in Washington, D.C. (only spot with wifi in this massive hotel). I am on a little girls break for the weekend. Today we walked like there was no tomorrow (and now my legs and butt are suffering). Walking is a low-impact workout that surprisingly was tiring after a good few hours in the heat. Some benefits of walking include: lowers bad cholesterol, raises good cholesterol, lowers blood pressure, reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes, manages your weight, improves mood, and helps you stay strong and fit! All these benefits is the result from routine brisk walking. A long brisk walk was a nice break from my interval/bodyweight workouts and runs with Kayla. My body is 'thanking me' right now and yours could be too-just walk! Walking is a 'gateway exercise' to more intense workouts (in my opinion)! We also went paddle boating and that surprisingly was a butt workout. The harder my feet paddled, my butt sure felt it. You'll be surprised at how many activities can give you a bit of a workout! Below are some pictures of my trip (taken on my iPhone):

I just loved those paddle boats!

 At the World War Two memorial and the monument!


Washington National Cathedral 

Everyone knows who this is...

My sister, Olivia, and I enjoying our walk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment