Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gratitude:)

Since Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I thought I'd talk about gratitude. I believe recognizing what we are thankful for improves the quality of our lives. When I realize all the good things I am blessed to have in my life, I don't sweat the small stuff, I become more humble, and I smile more. Without gratitude, every little mistake and failure would feel monumental. Focusing on the negative, does nothing good for you. Don't believe me? Make a list of all the bad things in your life; how do you feel after that? Then make a list of all the good things in your life (and if you say you can't, you're lying and denying yourself the opportunity to feel happy and blessed). After making a your 'good things' list, how do you feel? I hope this little exercise helps you to realize the power of the feeling of gratitude. Randy Pausch has a great quote about gratitude, it goes like this:

“Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.” 

1 comment:

  1. Expressing gratitude changes your physiology. It's a proven fact! No wonder it feels so good ;-) It's so good for you!

    ReplyDelete