Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Oh Stress!

I think stress can be a large part of being a teenager; especially between school, work, and a social life. Today I was feeling so overwhelmed with work that I didn't know where to began. I just sat for a good twenty minutes staring at my work and feeling more angst as time was wasted just sitting, doing nothing. One of my awesome teachers', Patrick, noticed my angst mood and encouraged me to get up and move or change my attention. At first I did not want to. I felt that would waste more of my time by doing something else. I came to the realization that I could either sit and stress about all the work I have to do or I can be proactive and try to clear my head with a quick walk. I decided that the walk was in my best interest to help handle my overwhelming emotions. Half-way through the walk with Patrick, I had a clearer head and I was able to realize a method that could help me deal with my work load. It was amazing how a five minute walk could clear my head and bring down my stress level tremendously! If your feeling stressed, I recommend a quick walk around the block or even a workout; it will do wonders for your mental health!

No comments:

Post a Comment