Friday, April 22, 2011

Quick Easy Breakfast

I know breakfast is a super important start to my day, that's why I make the time to make protein smoothies. Except, not all of us have the time to make breakfast or just want to get up until the last possible second! For those who fall under this category, a whole grain cereal with fresh fruit is a great choice! So during the week I went to the grocery store in search of whole grain cereal! Here is what I found:

-Kashi Heart to Heart (honey toasted oat or warm cinnamon)
-Kashi Seven Whole Grain Flakes
-Multigrain Cheerios
-Barbara's Bakery Shredded Multigrain Spoonfuls
-Cascadian Farm Multigrain Squares

So why did I pick these cereals? In all of these cereals the first ingredient is a whole grain and they contain no more than 8 grams of sugar. Also remember to follow the serving size, it's there for a reason. And if you want to make it healthier use almond milk instead of cow's milk! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment