Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Exercise! Exercise! Exercise!

Happy May Everyone! I just finished my workout and I feel on top of the world, literally! The weather is getting better and better each day, now is the time to workout outside! Today obesity rates are much higher than they were 20 years ago. Between 16 and 33 percent of all teens and adolescents are obese. Studies show that a child who is obese between the ages of 10 and 13 are 80% more likely to be obese as adults. So what can we do to stay physically (and mentally) healthy? Besides eating right, physical activity is extremely important. Every time you workout your body is building muscles! Your strengthening your mind, lungs, muscles, heart- exercise affects every part of your body! If you exercise on a regular basis, you will be surprised at how good you will look and how awesome you will feel! Sometimes it's hard to get motivated to workout, so try running/walking with a friend or just putting on my workout clothes encourages me to get moving! Aerobic exercise has really help me calm down during stressful times. After 20 minutes of continuos slow running, our bodies release hormone called endorphins that start circulating through our bloodstream, thus producing a "runner's high"that truly boosts your mood! I can't stress enough how much better I feel after my workouts and you will too:) To start, just try walking a mile and increase the length each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment